Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by consideritjoy, Sep 8, 2016.

1. consideritjoy

consideritjoy New Egg

Sep 8, 2016
    Hello! My name is Elizabeth and I have been a chicken owner for about 3 months. I live in Hoover, Alabama (a suburb of Birmingham). We "inherited" 3 Rhode Island Red hens from a friend who was moving. We just adore them, and love watching their funny personalities. I find it very relaxing to just sit outside and watch them, and we even have friends over for "chicken watching" LOL. Our friendliest girl, Blondie, we soon realized, came to us with a pendulous crop. We since figured the problem out and got her a chicken bra, and she is as happy as can be now! I look forward to learning more about backyard chickens from those with more experience!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Elizabeth, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard. What you're describing is what we call "chicken T.V." And it's big fun! Have you checked out the Learning Center yet? It's chock full of great info! Here's the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Hope you enjoy your time on BYC!

3. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi and welcome to BYC! Glad to hear your Blondie is doing well and you're enjoying your new flock :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  4. consideritjoy

consideritjoy New Egg

Sep 8, 2016
    Chicken TV is exactly right! love it!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens Elizabeth!! I hope you enjoy it and the camaraderie here and everybody that goes nuts over chickens (me being one of them....) Have fun! And ask questions!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. Chicken Bra, is certainly something I haven't heard of before. Would love to see a photo of her with it? Is there a non-apparel fix for her pendulous crop ?

8. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

This is what a crop bra looks like, as far as I know their isn't any other treatment.
    [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I wonder if they get that way from aging, you know how everything seems to sag.

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by