Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lancaster11, Jun 3, 2018.

1. lancaster11

lancaster11 Hatching

Jun 3, 2018
    Hi! My name is Sabrina and I'm fairly new to chickens. I purchased two 1 year old leghorn chickens less than a year ago and fell in love with them! They had quite the personality and were great pets that laid delicious eggs! Unfortunately, I woke up one morning last month to three dogs eating them in my backyard! It was absolutely terrible! What an atrocious beginning to my day! I needed time to get over that sight, fix my run to better protect, and begin the search for new chickens.

Today, I purchased five 4 month old pullets! I got two leghorns, one easter egger, one brown hen, and one red sex link. At least I think that's what they all are! I would actually like help in identifying them because I bought them via a craigslist ad!

Aside from chickens, I enjoy so many things! I consider myself a jack of all trades, master of none! I dabble in just about everything from interior design to driving heavy machinery! My newest endeavor is honeybees. I am learning everything I can so I hopefully do well them next spring!

I'm excited to be a part of this site because I know that the more I learn, the happier my chickens will be!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Be on the alert. Those dogs may very well return.

3. The Starter

The Starter In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2018
    Kano, Nigeria

Pork Pie Ken and drumstick diva like this.
  4. Unexpected chicken lover

Unexpected chicken lover Crowing

Mar 9, 2018
    Arkansas
    :welcome

So glad you decided to join the party
    There are many knowledgeable members here who are more than willing to answer any and all questions... I know BYC is an invaluable resource to me, I learn something new every day. Jump on in and enjoy!!!:highfive:

Sorry for your losses and good luck turning your coop into Fort Knox. Sadly, everything is out for a delicious chicken dinner

5. N F C

N F C Moderator

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

So sorry for your losses, that's never easy. Congrats on the new flock. You can get help verifying the breed & gender here:
    What Breed Or Gender is This?

Best of luck to you, it's nice to have you here!

6. 4 ever Orpington

4 ever Orpington Mr.& Mrs Orpington

Nov 5, 2017
    Suches,Georgia
    Welcome to BYC!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You can post photos of your girls at "What breed or gender is this," and they will identify them for you.

Pork Pie Ken likes this.
  8. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    N F C likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: