Introduction

djb73

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens, and they are 9 weeks old now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
28. I was performing chicken math before I knew what chicken math was!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Light brahmas, buff orpingtons, barred rocks, turkens, a few bantams, and a few rare

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We've had other animals before, but chickens are almost therapeutic

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fishing and reading

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband & I have been married 25 years. We have an 18 yo son, 2 dogs, 2 turtles, fish, and now chickens. We are looking at adding pygmy goats, a miniature donkey, and other animals to the property.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Many Google searches about chicken information have led me to NYC.

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new hobby. There’s a fishing thread, so feel free to jump right in.

Here are some links to useful resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens, and they are 9 weeks old now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
28. I was performing chicken math before I knew what chicken math was!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Light brahmas, buff orpingtons, barred rocks, turkens, a few bantams, and a few rare

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We've had other animals before, but chickens are almost therapeutic

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fishing and reading

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband & I have been married 25 years. We have an 18 yo son, 2 dogs, 2 turtles, fish, and now chickens. We are looking at adding pygmy goats, a miniature donkey, and other animals to the property.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Many Google searches about chicken information have led me to NYC.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom