Introduction

MinaMcVeigh

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2023
Hello from Turkey Springs, a small hobby farm in beautiful NE Tennessee. My love affair with chickens began 3 years ago when I adopted four Maran hens and a mean rooster named Felipe. Since then I have learned a lot...especially about predation! We have all the sharp of teeth and claw in our neck of the woods. Who knew a raccoon could reach in through a small gap and strangle a bird before pulling it out piece by piece? Who knew a hawk could snack a free ranging pullet right in front of your eyes! Well, now I do!!! I currently have a small flick of 3 hens and three NICE roosters, Marans, Dominiques and a Buff Orpington. All rescues. (BTW, we ate Felipe. A hard but necessary lesson. No a**holes allowed to tyrannize the yard!) I have some sex linked and Buff chicks on order for March. In addition, I have two Bourbon Red turkey hens. I built this hoop coup for Christmas based on many ideas from this site that I found on Pinterest. I also raise meat rabbits.
PXL_20221205_140346273.MP.jpg

Hello from Turkey Springs, a small hobby farm in beautiful NE Tennessee. My love affair with chickens began 3 years ago when I adopted four Maran hens and a mean rooster named Felipe. Since then I have learned a lot...especially about predation! We have all the sharp of teeth and claw in our neck of the woods. Who knew a raccoon could reach in through a small gap and strangle a bird before pulling it out piece by piece? Who knew a hawk could snack a free ranging pullet right in front of your eyes! Well, now I do!!! I currently have a small flick of 3 hens and three NICE roosters, Marans, Dominiques and a Buff Orpington. All rescues. (BTW, we ate Felipe. A hard but necessary lesson. No a**holes allowed to tyrannize the yard!) I have some sex linked and Buff chicks on order for March. In addition, I have two Bourbon Red turkey hens. I built this hoop coup for Christmas based on many ideas from this site that I found on Pinterest. I also raise meat rabbits. View attachment 3399156
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom