Intruder

Pics

STACEYH

Free Ranging
Jul 14, 2021
I have an intruder in my coop and run. She is fast and sly. She hides in my flock. When I try to seperate my hens and coop them she runs into the coop. When I let the ladies go into the run she gets in the middle of them and sleeks out into the run. I have place traps. I have tried seperating them. I have tried feeding her away from my ladies but she stays tight within the flock. When the chickens move she moves with them. I'm to slow it seems. I can't seem to remove her. I know how she got in and will fix it once she is gone. She is bold enough to eat with my ladies. Taking suggestions. She is wild nothing tame about her.
IMG_20211024_090413 (2).jpg
IMG_20211024_090449.jpg

Update Intruder still intruding. Three neighbors came over and tried helping me. Picture 4 grown adults trying to catch a small kitten. It was funny. Kitten wins I now Take kitchen scraps to the ladies every morning and a can of tuna to the intruder.
Face it, you now have a resident cat...that thinks she's a chicken.

I would keep that cat. She will probably be happy with kibble occasionally and to kill mice and rats in and around your coop. Kibble is cheap. If she's going to hang out anyway put her to work. I used to get feral cats from a spay & neuter program for free just to keep rodents in check around my coop. I gave them kibble every other day and they left me little rodent corpses as presents. It was a symbiotic relationship. Now we have a garage cat but she was not feral-she's pretty friendly but she keeps the rodents down on our property and in our neighbors' garden. Love me a good hunter!

That can of tuna is your best friend. You might also start buying real cat food so it gets proper nutrition. It will take time but soon Kitty will come when you call to be fed and before you know it, you will be best friends and you can take it to the vet. In fact, you might put the cat food inside a cat crate so it can get comfortable going inside it - don't close it yet though, just let it eat there. Then one day you can close the door and off you go to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom