INVASION!!!!! My Deck Has Been Invaded! Ack! (Free Range Photos Added)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Mar 9, 2014.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Was quietly working on a commissioned quilt piece in my craft room/office on this bright sunny day when I hear, "thump, thump, thump". I look out my window and see Isaac and five of his hens (Maretta is raising chicks in a separate place), followed by Deacon, touring my wraparound covered porch. The thumping sound was Isaac's all too familiar Hitler march, LOL. They don't usually go all the way around, but for some reason, Ike acted like something was very different and he had to take the girls on a guided tour, stopping at each door and window. His feet are healing up nicely after his frostbite incident, though he's lost the tip of one inner toe and will likely lose the same part of the inner toe on the other foot. He's in fine spirits, good weight and full voice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    What a sight! Did you invite them in for tea? :lol:

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    They look like they are enjoying a nice quiet Sunday afternoon porch sitting!!! Well, standing. But they must know what the porch is for! [​IMG]

I think you should do as ChickenNeighbor has suggested and invite them in for tea. [​IMG]

4. Reminds me of my chickens! Lol! They just wait by my door on the porch all day!

5. speckledhen

Unlike the older group, Rex's group didn't do the "poop deck" tour during their free range time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Nice to see the old boy back up to speed, his feet look great. And you have green leaves coming out, you lucky thing!!

7. speckledhen

His feet are much, much better. He was the ONLY one with any frostbite in all four coops and only on his feet, which I know for sure was due to his bad circulation/arthritis and those are from age, him being over 5 years old now. Here is a close up of his feet. You can see where he lost the end of the inner toe on his left foot and the right foot will follow suit, most likely, but they are really doing well. He also lost a chunk from the underside of the right middle toe and part of a couple of toenails. Seriously, they look like the feet of a different rooster entirely, but it took a lot of care and time. Ike's a special guy. Couldn't lose him to that, for goodness sake!

The feet:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    He looks like he still enjoys life and that is all that matters!! [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

He's doing great! And yes, he seems to enjoy his life. He sure likes showing Deacon who's boss, LOL.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe the chickens had paid for a house(porch) tour - at least they didn't look in your refrigerator
    or cabinets, or leave any mementos on the porch - or did they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by