invasion of the chickens...aka a new use for the duck pen

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by stargazingmommy, Aug 6, 2011.

1. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    As the ducks refuse to stay in it(however I did find the spot they were managing to escape through and repaired it, so I could force them)...and I spent all this time making it cute, I was sick of it not being used.
    I also felt sorry for the chickens as they don't get much free range time in the yard because they have to be baby sat. So, today the 3 girls are spending the day in the duck pen. They have grass to harass, dirt to scratch, a wading pool to get in(I emptied all but a couple inches of water), a dog/duck house to hide in, shade all through the day...and a few flies hanging around. They seemed happy when I left them.

[​IMG]

Of course now that the chickens are in their pen, the ducks are a little put out and proceeded to yell at me for a very long time while stomping their little feet stnding next to the pen.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

3. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    You know the saying....the grass is always greener [​IMG]

4. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    Quote:So tonight we went and rounded up the chicks to put in their coop for the night....as soon as the door was open and the chickens out, the ducks ran right on in lmao...I wonder if now they will stay in their pen?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by