Inverness Fl Free blr Wyandotte bantam

newtoallthis

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 15, 2014
Central, FL

Free blue laced red Wyandotte bantam chick that is 11 weeks old. Bought it at 2 1/2 days old as a straight run and had her sexed last week. Was told her inside speak pullet even though her feathers say roo. She is fantastic! She will perch on your arm or hand in the evening. She will sing and talk to you all day long! She will sit in your lap for 45 mins or so at a time! She will eat treats from your hand and loves every kind! She is gorgeous to boot! Here's the kicker....she hates being grabbed, held or her back being touched!!! She has been seperated from her flock for last 7 weeks. She is a VERY AGGRESSIVE, UNRELENTLESS BULLY FROM BLEEP!!! My other chickens one being a LF RIR is scared to death of her and my two silks are no match with their soft spot on their head. I tried again tonight to put my rir w her and that was a mistake!!! She HAS TO GO!!! It's sad because in their different cages she talks to the flock, sings to them and warns them of predators. The flock will run in their coop and all she can do is sit down by herself in her own cage and try not to be scared! :( It breaks my heart! She loves them but can't be with them! I don't want to eat her and don't want her lonely! Please don't get get with the impression your going to cull her and eat her because she is a young bantam and only weighs about a pound so there's no meat on her. My chickens are not sick in any way so please ask questions if you need to! She is free and hopefully will go to an experienced chicken owner who knows what to do with her! This is my first time raising chickens and I'm at a loss! I do love her but at this point I just don't know what else to do with her except rehome her ASAP! My flock and my time is too busy to deal with a bully and the chaos and extra work their of! Thanks for reading! This pic is almost two weeks old. Can send new one by message morrow if need be.

As stated in my title I am in Inverness, Fl. I never replied back because I already had that in my posting plus I looked you up and you weren't willing to travel so I figured you would get the hint... Sorry Alewis74! =) Anywho, I have since found that the feed store that sexed her was wrong and she is infact crowing and growing hackle feathers so she is a he! I feel like one of the sellers on "American Pickers" right now who do not want to sell a thing and it drive's Frank and Mike crazy!!! This is a rooster and I will only get rid of him if the right situation arises. I don't want him or need him but he is spoiled and has a home as long as need be. However if anyone can offer this boy a great home please let me know and we will exchange pics and go from there. I was going to delete this posting all together but I don't know how yet. And I'm not rushed too because never say never... someone might be perfect for my sweet little "Henry!" =)

Just saw your post. I have looked for a blue laced red wyandotte locally for months now but....I can't have roosters. Too bad. He is such a handsome gentleman. I hope you find a nice home for him.

I'm sorry, I wish I could delete this post but haven't figured out how to yet. We decided to keep him and give him his own cage by the girls. If the time comes I have already found someone willing to take him that's in my neighborhood and has experience with poultry. In sorry everyone but thank you, Thank You for responding with your interests! Happy Memorial Day Everyone!:)

Back
Top Bottom