Invisable Fence

doramechicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
Dalton Gardens Idaho
Has anyone every used an invisable fence around coop to keep dogs away? I posted yesterday about my Malamute getting into the run and getting one of our chickens, I am so worried he will go back for more even though he would not go anywhere near it today because he sill knew he was in trouble but I don't trust him now. I don't want to use electric fence because of the kids so was thinking about the invisable fencing to keep him away from them and wanted to get some feedback. Thanks

My neighbor put in this type of fence and her 3 dogs were collars. We had an issue with her first one coming through the fence (no climb livestock wire) and trying to attack my chickens. We have not had any problems since. Its been over a year. It looks like it works very well.

Use a real fence and teach your kids not to touch it.

If they DO touch it, they will only do it once

It won't do any harm to them and it will keep ALL dogs out, whereas your "invisible fence" will only keep YOUR dog out

Thanks, we have a real chain link fence up around our acre and our Malamute doesn't let any other predators in our yard, its just him that is the predator so just trying to keep him away from the coop & run!

Back
Top Bottom