Iowa Blue chickens -- question

farmert

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 28, 2014
Just bought three six-month old Iowa Blues. All three were to be hens, not roosters. However, when I picked them up (from a friend of a friend -- too long a story), two of the birds did not have combs and one of the birds had a very full comb. My question is: would this one a rooster?

How could two not have any comb (just starting to emerge) and one have a developed comb and all three be hens?

We cannot have any roosters and that's why I need to know.

At six months, they look pretty big, and I'm assuming they can go in with the adults after a few days of acclimating to the new coop area (they are separated right now).

Also, I'd like to learn more about them, especially their behavior. So any tips or info will be helpful and appreciated. They are very pretty.

Thanks,

Check out this Iowa Blue thread . there are also 2 or 3 other threads that are quite interesting to educate self on the breed.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/469317/iowa-blues-breed-thread-and-discussion
WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the link. I posted there as well, but I still need to know about the hen v rooster (wasn't answered on that forum).

Can anyone address that question, please?

Back
Top Bottom