Iowa Blues info request

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Drgnluver, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Drgnluver

Drgnluver Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2008
    I am putting together a list of breeds that l am interesting in getting in the future. Does anyone have this breed that can tell me of their overall temperament ( I understand about it being variable between chickens), are they prone to being Flighty?

Any first hand knowledge of the breed that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Good luck... I am not familiar with the breed! Hope someone can give you more info.

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
  4. 2dream

2dream Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Jackson MS
    Quote:I don't know how far in the future you are talking about but.... My order from Ideal should be in Tuesday March 4th. I will have 10 Iowa Blues in that order. Sooooo.....if you interested in knowing how they progress and what the temperment seems to be just email or pm me.

5. Drgnluver

Drgnluver Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2008
    Quote:Thanks, this will be for next spring as I will be moving to a chicken friendly site in NC this fall and am trying to get an idea of the type of chicken we would like for next spring.

6. 2dream

2dream Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Jackson MS
    Unless you get the info you need prior to then I will pm you with updates as time goes on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by