Iowa State Fair

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by pbjmaker, Aug 3, 2008.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Is anyone on here going to the Iowa State Fair? I don't know if they do more than a 4-H chicken show, but there is going to be a chicken "washing" contest I think I will have to observe...

2. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    They are also having a ladies chicken calling contest:) Wish I was going but I can't find anyone to go with, its more fun with a partner in crime ie eating as much junk as I can:lol:

3. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I live right in Des Moines - so it isn't a big deal for me to go [​IMG]. I didn't have chickens this time last year - so now I have a new really exciting reason to go.

4. apbgv

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Lucky you. I do make it to DM few times a year. Dog shows, the big one is in Sept hoping to get a couple points on my girl.[​IMG]

5. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I looked at your site - I think your dogs are just ADORABLE! We just got a two year old Bichon that had been rehomed. He needs fixed and taught a few manners but I think he will be a good dog. Let me know next time you're down in DSM. You can bring me some faverolle eggs... once they start laying that is [​IMG].

6. apbgv

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Lets see DM shows are in Feb and Sept. Too bad they weren't laying yet I would have some next month for ya. Hope this humidity passes by soon yuck. Will probably be going down to Waverly swap may have a few birds for sale the ones I am not keeping for breeding or eating.
    hope Greene still has the chicken processing place still I don't want to do it.

7. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    See I learned something new today! I had no idea there was a show in September! I only got into chickens because I hatched some in the preschool where I worked and kept a couple. My husband and I had always talked about having some eventually. He calls me the crazy chicken lady now - but I see him out there sweet talking to the chickens also.

8. rosy

rosy New Egg

Aug 23, 2008
    Chicken wow! :pwho ever are non-vegetarian they very much like chicken and its varieties of dishes ..Ladies especially cook varieties of dishes of egg and chicken..
    ====================================
    rosy
    Iowa Drug Addiction

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by