Irish recipes YUM!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Sassymygirl, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Ok, so I'm back, I miss Ireland a little. But I took home some yummy recipes!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DUBLIN CODDLE:

1lb/ 500g best sausages
    8oz/ 250g streaky bacon
    1/2pt/ 300ml/ 1 cup stock or water
    6 medium potatoes
    2 medium onions
    salt and pepper
    (serves four)

Cut the bacon into 1in/ 3cm squares. Bring the stock to the boil in a medium saucepan which has a well-fitting lid, add the sausages and the bacon and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the sausages and bacon and save the liquid. Cut each sausage into four or five pieces. Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices. Skin the onions and slice them. Assemble a layer of potatoes in the saucepan, followed by a layer of onions and then half the sausages and bacon. Repeat the process once more and then finish off with a layer of potatoes. Pour the reserved stock over and season lightly to taste. Cover and simmer gently for about an hour. Adjust the seasoning and serve piping hot.

I'll add more later.

2. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Sounds good. [​IMG] Quite a few of my ansectors came from Ireland.

IRISH GIRLS ROCK!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  3. Sassymygirl

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    wow, Here is a dessert.

Gooseberry Crumble!

8oz/ 250g/ 2 cups self-raising flour
    4oz/ 125g/ 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
    4oz/ 125g/ 1/2 cup butter
    2lb/ 1kg/ 10 cups gooseberries
    6oz/ 200g/ 1 cup caster sugar

Using your fingertips, rub butter lightly into the flour in a large bowl. When the texture resembles fine breadcrumbs, mix in the brown sugar. Top and tail the berries and cover with the crumble mixture in an oven-proof dish, pressing the surface down lightly. Bake for 45 minutes in the centre of a pre-heated oven at gas mark 4/ 180°C/ 350°F. Serve hot with cream.

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I love your avi....

One day we were taking our son thru the drive thru (it's a once a month thing, not daily), and asked if he wanted a happy meal "No Mommy, I want an angry meal!" [​IMG]

He wasn't too happy about getting a new baby brother. [​IMG]

5. Sassymygirl

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by