ironic

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by curliet, Nov 13, 2008.

1. curliet

curliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    west Michigan
    All summer long our chicks have been living up north, and I was either staying there with them for a few weeks at a time, or going back and forth every 3 days. It was a pain staying there alone, knowing there were things to do at home too. And it was a pain going back and forth, spending gas money, and setting the chickens up for 3 days of food and water and making sure the dusk to dawn light outside the barn was working to scare off predators and then worrying about them while I was away. Well, now the situation is reversed. All the chickens are brought from up north to the city. And here it is, deer hunting season. We're getting ready to go north for the next 4 days, and leaving the chickens home alone. I'm double checking the lights on the timer, and making sure that the feeder is completely full and the water is to the top and fresh, and there is plenty of scratch and oyster shell and other treat type stuff available. Will we ever be in the right place at the same time, I wonder?

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Poor thing...... bad timing huh [​IMG] I don;t have my birds on my property... I try to go every day or two and fill waterers, feeders, let them out to free range etc. I long for the day when we will live next to them... hopefully next summer... hopefully.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good luck.

Hope you get your deer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by