irony...

Chickiemama1010

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
Sullivan
today my 7 spare roos were going to slaughter. last night I lost 4 to raccoons. Apparently it was hot in the coop, and they decided to sleep in the run. bad idea. I woke this morn to find 4 heads pulled thru wire and eaten off. And another little roo had to be culled as his wing was dislocated and badly ripped up. I cant slaughter him and eat him after hes been attacked by coons. i almost feel like the 2 remaining roos should get a chance to stay since they survived the great coon massacre of 2010

Not a single hen laid an egg today. Not one, out of 8. They are in a tizzy, skittish and paranoid now.

I've mounted the night vision scope on the rifle, and tonight i'll sit in the back of the barn hoping to see that *$@!# pack of coons. POW. I hate them.

I guess the roos were destined to be dead anyway, but sheesh....I wanted to eat them for dinner. Not give em to raccoons. Grrrrr.
and MY method of kill wouldve been so much quicker and less traumatic to all parties involved. Off with your head! not pull your head thru wire and eat your face. Again....grrrr to the coons

edited for this:::
somad.gif

Last edited:
just lost another one! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I went to the store for ice. On a side note, the "chicken slaughterer" is an amish man who lives down the street. He'll do it for a dollar a piece, but I have to deliver them and bring coolers with ice, since Amish have no electricty and therefore no way to keep the birds cold after the fact. Im so mad. the coon came just 10 mins ago and took my sweet roo Elmer. There were 4 of them, A mama and 3 babies. Its daytime here right now. I am amazed they are that brave. Elmer was the one who was going to stay. He was such a nice roo, and named elmer cuz he was the only chick whogot the pasty butt, hence Elmer (paste=glue=elmers) I guess im gonna keep little red instead. hes ok, not like elmer was. But fairly nice i guess. Hes no elmer though...So out of 8 roos, I get to keep one,and eat one.

My dinner:1

coons dinner:6... R.I.P Elmer

culled due to being attacked:1
And Little red is spared the freezer,

Something isnt right about the math there. Stupid coons. I hate HATE H A T E them

I might have to do the "soda of death" I just recommended to another byc-er with coon troubles. Seems this forum is full of coon probs today. At least Im not the only one.

Quote:

Last edited:
I am so sorry! Darn coons! I hate, hate, hate them too. Before I moved to the country I always thought they were so cute. Then I moved out here. I didn't have chickens at the time but I had kittens. They killed my babies over and over, it was sickening and heart breaking. I spent the night in the hospital with my son one time and my husband called at 3 AM just happy as a clam. He had just shot 3 coons in the front yard
smile.png
I didn't know I could feel so good about something like that! When we got our chickens we bought the Nite Guard System. We have not had a problem yet (knocks on wood) and it has been almost 3 years.

There are a lot of different opinions about NG here on BYC. I have used it with 100% success so I am a true believer. It is a solar powered device. Our weather in Montana can be harsh. I have had the same NG since I got my birds and highly recommend it. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I just don't want to thread jack
big_smile.png
Here is the link for you to check it out... http://www.niteguard.com/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom