Irresponsible pet owners make me sad...chick related.

arlee453

Songster
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
near Charlotte NC
Here's a wonderful reason why noone should give a kid a chick unless they know they are prepared to care for it long term, etc. We have neighbors at the end of the street. To put it nicely, they don't have a good track record with animals. They don't take their dogs in for minimal vaccines like rabies that are required by law, etc.

They had 2 pit bull puppies they used to let run at will. One got hit by a car (their house faces the main road). The other was poisioned by antifreeze more than likely because they would not keep the dog up. Thank good ness they are at the WAY other end of the street - at least their dogs weren't running down at MY house.

Got 2 more puppies. Again, one gets hit and killed. The other got taken to animal control because of the roaming and the neighbors called. The owners were told the pup was in the pound but since they had no rabies vaccine they couldn't pick him up - would have had to pay for quarantine, etc (rabies is a real problem around here). SO, they just told the A/C to euth the dog - it was in their words from what their next door neighbor told me 'cheaper just to get another dog'.

These are also the neighbors who left their puppy for a week long trip ion the hottest part of July with just a bucket of food and a bucket of water in a 10x10 kennel with no dog house, and didn't tell anyone to check on the dog. My other neighbor noticed about 4 days into it that the dog was out in a horrible thunderstorm with no shelter, the pen a mess of feces and mud and the water bucket turned over. She took care of the pup until they got back - their response 'well, you didn't have to take the dog in your garage - we left a big bucket of food and water'...

Now they have another dog (yet ANOTHER pit bull pup). Told my daughter that the dog had bloody diahrrea and looked like it was going to die. My daughter asked what the vet said - their response 'it's too much money for the vet - if it dies we'll just get another one'

OK, now for the latest - involving chickens - I had to take the kids to school today because the bus was running late. So, I took my daughter and the girl that lives up there in that house since her folks were already gone to work. We were talking about the chickens and she said, 'Oh, I wish I had known you had chickens - maybe you could have helped me with my chicken'

Come to find out, someone GAVE her a chick last summer. I asked what happened to it - 'oh, it died'. I didn't have the heart to ask if it had minimal care - like heat lamp, etc or how long it lived. Poor thing probably was chilled to death. I wish I had asked more questions, but I was already imagining the short life and probably pitiful death that poor chick had.

AARRRGGGHHH - these people have had animal control called several times. At least their last puppy they do keep in the fence when they aren't home and have gotten it a dog house.

Of course, if it dies from this mysterious illness, it won't be long before another one is in there to take it's place....

somad.gif

i know what you mean. makes me want to cry. same with that tiger that attacked those kids at the zoo after they tormented her with a sling shot. now an endangered animal was killed for protecting herself.

the only solace i find in situations like that is that i feel our pet animals will be in heaven to greet us and i hope god has quite the chat with folks who did not treat his wonderful creatures with care when/if those people arrive in heaven.

My first thought, "sounds like parvo." Looked it up before posting: "Parvovirus is characterized by severe, bloody diarrhea..." Since the pup won't be getting any vet care, it, too, won't be around very long.

I hate idiots. I wish all states and/or cities had laws against animal negligence. At least then a court could order that these people never be allowed to own another animal, with criminal charges for ignoring the order.

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!

This makes me sick!!!
Lets face it there are some people who just shouldnt have pets-- let alone kids!!! I have rescued so many animals who have been mistreated- it breaks my heart!! My last two cats were labled DO NOT TOUCH--VICIOUS!!@!
Well I adopted them both from pets mart and they
both are sooooo loving now.
Ist one about ripped my arm apart at the store and the rep kept asking if I wanted her. She kept being shipped from one foster home to another. I got her home she looked at the other cats and circled my leg and said you can all leave now Im here. Id be mad if I was shipped from home to home and called princess! Yuck what a name. Now called spookey and sooo loving!!!

#2 was left in a box overnite in front of the store.
I took one look at her and told the lady I wanted her and she thought i was crazy!!! Almost wouldnt
let me adopt her!The cat was mad I was even looking at her! Got her home, placed her on our bed and she immidately hit me with both paws
to a count of 5 in the face than cringed into the blanket like I was going to beat the S**** out of her! I knew than that she had been through the ringer! I told my hubby that no matter what we do to her if she feels the need to punish us we need to let her do it!! This went on for the 1st year. We would gently love her and she would use her paws on us and cringe waiting for the abuse that never came. She finally realized that we loved and understood her. Today if we love her up and she decides she has had enough she will run off, come back ,tap us lightly on the hand then rub it and walk off, happy.
As for that neighbor of yours I worry that the young girl is not being treated right. If a person doesnt even value the most innocent in life what value do they place on their own or those arround them ****SAD!!:mad:

Well, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. This girl is the type that makes all 14 yr old girls have a bad name. She is totally self-absorbed (way more than is typical) and seems to have no regard for the feelings of others or other's property.

When they (she has a sister who is in 5th grade) first moved in a couple years ago, they would just go into people's houses. I mean just walk in - not knock or anything.

Their other next door neighbor has a daughter same age as this girl. The mom found some money missing out of her purse and wondered if it was 'J' who had taken it. Another time she caught her red handed with her hand in her purse. Would YOU let YOUR daughter hang around with this girl?? Yet she still lets hers socialize with 'j'.

The dad is the life of the party type and the mom is a total witch according to their closer neighbors. She hasn't ever been overly friendly to me either. My favorite image of her was her cleaning their above ground pool with her little mini poodle in one arm and a cigarette in the other. I though she was around 50. I found out she's younger than I am - like mid 30s. Too much smoking.

Anyway you can't really believe 1/2 of what this girl says - she said not too long ago they are moving back to SC. Frankly I can't help but think it would be a good thing for our street...

call animal control Parvo which it sounds like is nasty and pit bulls get it more then other dogs I had a pit Roscoe and spent $$$$$$$$ and lots of time getting him over it. If the animal control see a pattern then they should do something about it.

Kasi

I agree with Kasi, call Animal control. Sounds like Parvo and that is nasty. You don't want that to spread to the other animals in the area which if the dog roams & it sounds like it does, it will spread. These are things that can shut down a shelter, etc.

Back
Top Bottom