IRS Jobs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Dec 2, 2008.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    There was a commercial on this morning for the IRS. They are hiring for seasonal jobs. I was wondering if anyone on here or knows anyone that has done this and could tell me how it was. I have found several positions close to me in KC, MO and was thinking about applying. It would be nice to have a little more money coming in and to get some much needed job experience. Thanks for your input!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My mother did that every year for probably 20 years. She liked it alot. Then she began doing taxes for friends at home. If the Fair Tax passes in the future, all IRS workers will be out of a job. But, then, that's another issue. For now, it would be an okay job to have, I'd think.

3. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Ugh, that really sucks if that happens. I hate to hear of anyone losing their job. THanks for your input!

4. Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    Frederick, Maryland
    Quote:Do you know if you have to pass the Enrolled Agent exam for that?

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I used to work as the warehouse worker in Bloomington IL for five years back in the 80s and I loved that job. Dressed casual in the back and filled those tax paper orders! It was seasonal but the people you work alongside are great! I was called Order Fulfillment Clerk [​IMG]

I had to go to Springfield to take a state exam and do some background check.

With everything going online, that kind of job I did, the days are numbered and would go paperless eventually. The publications may not be out of the door yet. some folks are die hards and wont want to go online to file their taxes or find info.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by