Is $50 a good price?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by poultry09, Apr 18, 2012.

1. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    I am thinking about getting a trio of chocolate guineas this weekend, the lady that selling them wants $50 for all three is that a fair price to pay? I am also buying a lavender hen from her for $10 is that a fair price?

thanks

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Only you can determine an answer to your questions. Poultry has no absolute value. Value is determined by agreement between buyer & seller. If you want the trio bad enough to pay $50 for them then they're worth it.

3. Birde

Birde Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    If they are worth that to you. I try to sell my birds at a higher price because I want someone that cam afford to take care of them to have them. You may be able to negotiate a lower price depending on the seller. I even tell ppl my prices are higher but I know the birds I sell are healthy. When my guinea eggs hatch (pearl) I'm going to be asking 5 each. Maybe 7...straight run

4. Joe.G

Joe.G Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    Eastern NY
    I paid $ 10.00 each from mine, that same guy I got mine from just sold them 20 something of them at auction last week for $22.00 each.

5. Birde

Birde Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    At auction I can get good prices now. Ppl are guinea crazy too. But I can't raise all my birds. The guinea I sell will be hatchlings. If I have to raise them I keep the hens. I raise fancy chickens if not sold when young for my price they go to auction.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    That sounds fair to me. I sold my guineas for 15 a piece

7. poultry09

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    well the lady e-mailed me and she decided she is not going to take less than $60 for all three even though she gave me the price of $50, but thats fine she also e-mailed me some pictures and I didnt really care for the chocolates so I am just going to get a lavender hen from her for $10 and 8 pearls for $20 from a different lady.

8. DuckyLou

DuckyLou Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2012
    East Texas
    I got mine (2 lavenders, 2 pied, 2 white) from posting a wanted ad on Craigslist List. They were 6 weeks old and the guy wanted $6 a piece, but I talked him down to $5 :) so I ended up paying $30 for 6 of them, which is the cheapest I have seen. They are almost $6 a piece for day old Keets at Atwoods, and I didn't have to go through the trouble of keeping a light on them and all that baby stuff. Guineas are kinda pricey!

That was wrong of her to up the price on you after she already told you $50! But I'm glad you are getting the ones that you like! Enjoy!

9. poultry09

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    I have a wanted add on craigslist too, thats how I have gotten ahold of these, the one lady first said $20 for her 8 pearls that are one year old but when I talked to her yesterday she said that the money is not important and I dont have to pay her, But she is holding them for me till may 5th, do you think I should still pay her scence she is holding them?

10. Joe.G

Joe.G Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    Eastern NY
    It would be nice to give her something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by