Is 90w to hot or cold

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kamhia, Jan 26, 2013.

1. kamhia

kamhia Out Of The Brooder

This is my first time hatching! Is 90w to hot for two eggs or to cold the temputer in the incubater is 92f is that to cold for the eggs there red tails and its a home made incubater

2. kamhia

I forgot to say the incubater is 19inches

3. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    If I am understanding you correctly, the temperature in your homemade incubator is 92 degrees? That is way too cold.

4. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    If you have a fan in your incubator, the temp needs to be 99.5 degrees, if it is still air it needs to be 100-100.5 degrees.

5. kamhia

I got the temp up to 102 is that good for two eggs

6. Peggy-Sue

Peggy-Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    90 watt maybe to much, we have a homemade one that measures 24''x12''x12'' we started using a 25 watt bulb and our temps went well over 100 I think it stabilized at 106f we then switched our bulb to a 15 watt and the temp stays stable at between 99-100. We have about 12 dime size hole around the top of the bator. This allows for some air flow. As of now 6 of them are covered and we are holding steady at 100. If we see the temp falling we cover a hole, and if its raising we uncover one. It works pretty good as a back up bator. Right now we have a LG and our homemade incubator... In the LG we have marans in lock down so in our homemade one we have 5 mystery eggs going on day 14... After our marans hatch and we clean the LG our mystery eggs will go into lock down in the LG bator...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by