Is a Blue Laced Gold Wyandotte Actually a Thing?

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Premium Feather Member
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
I've heard people talk about them as something that exists, but when I google pictures most of what I get is gold laced and blue laced red Wyandottes. So is this a real color? If so, I would love to see actual pics! Thanks!

Most hatchery blue laced reds are technically blue laced golds because they lack the mahogany gene. Here’s an example, notice how the color is the same as a GLW with blue added:
2E8F9BFA-0DAD-4EE1-8339-D55F87CF681A.jpeg

Here’s a website that talks about em: https://bluelacedgold.wordpress.com/the-variety-blg/

This is my Callie. She came with a mixed pick of chicks for my son’s laying flock, and as usual, the breed labels were off at TSC. I thought we had a Welsummer until all that beautiful lacing came in.

I’m posting (my one) pic of her in response to your post because she definitely is a Gold, but her lacing is darker on the head and breast and then softens along her body to a tuft of lovely gray (blue? Lavender?) tail feathers. Don’t know if that makes her a blue laced gold Wyandotte, but it seems to follow with the site above. I wasn’t looking for one..just got lucky, I guess. Her name was “Mystery Chick” for the first month or so.

The lighting in this pic doesn’t do her justice since she’s in the shade in front of a sunnier spot, but she sure is gorgeous. I’ll try to get a better shot of her today (like Wyandottes do, she’s NOT a lap chicken, so doesn’t model as readily as the others).

edited to add a couple more pics. Because Chick Pics. :love

Attachments

• 65FEE0E6-D519-4652-A026-10435F3D6691.jpeg
    65FEE0E6-D519-4652-A026-10435F3D6691.jpeg
    737.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 74FBD420-3D1E-4BCB-9BF0-0C8E7EEB3AE4.jpeg
    74FBD420-3D1E-4BCB-9BF0-0C8E7EEB3AE4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 8F66B761-98C5-4166-8ECB-1B1B5E0042E5.jpeg
    8F66B761-98C5-4166-8ECB-1B1B5E0042E5.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Here’s a website that talks about em: https://bluelacedgold.wordpress.com/the-variety-blg/

This is my Callie. She came with a mixed pick of chicks for my son’s laying flock, and as usual, the breed labels were off at TSC. I thought we had a Welsummer until all that beautiful lacing came in.

I’m posting (my one) pic of her in response to your post because she definitely is a Gold, but her lacing is darker on the head and breast and then softens along her body to a tuft of lovely gray (blue? Lavender?) tail feathers. Don’t know if that makes her a blue laced gold Wyandotte, but it seems to follow with the site above. I wasn’t looking for one..just got lucky, I guess. Her name was “Mystery Chick” for the first month or so.

The lighting in this pic doesn’t do her justice since she’s in the shade in front of a sunnier spot, but she sure is gorgeous. I’ll try to get a better shot of her today (like Wyandottes do, she’s NOT a lap chicken, so doesn’t model as readily as the others).

edited to add a couple more pics. Because Chick Pics. :love
Yeah, she’s a blue laced gold.

Back
Top Bottom