Is a Brinsea 10 more likely to have stable temp than LG 9200?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Laurieks, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Laurieks

Laurieks Where did the time go???

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    I bought an LG, and ran it for several days until I thought the temp was stable, then put in 10 eggs.
    Weather has been both hotter and colder since then, with temp found @ 104 *yikes* and 97. [​IMG] The max stored reading was 123, which I sincerely hope was before I placed these eggs. I forgot to clear it on set day.
    We do not have central air, so house temp varies. I have some sheets of Styrofoam I can put around it, if that will help.
    Humidity has not been a problem; 55-65%; I put plastic Easter eggs in to hold more water. (what happens if it's high in the beginning?)
    There is a Brinsea 10 available; if it will hold temps better I may try it. 10 egg limit would be good for me.
    I appreciate all ideas! [​IMG]

2. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I have a brinsea mini adv and love, love, love it. The temperature is holding steady for me and it's keeping everything right on track.

3. doxpeople

doxpeople Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Colorado
    Second on the Brinsea Mini Advance. Holding rock steady temp and seems almost idiot proof which in my case is good. First time hatcher set eggs yesterday so I am keeping fingers and toes crossed.

4. Laurieks

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    Thank you two that was quick!
    There turns out to be a Brinsea distributor just up the road from me.... 227 miles.

OMG in my search I found this Rcom http://www.jmtdistributors.com/rcom-suro-20-n20.html
    For
    auto-humidity I can almost justify the price..almost (after all it IS on sale) [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Go with the RCom! I just got the rcom king suro 20 and have eggs set right now, getting close to hatch time [​IMG] it has been completely hands free and CONSTANT temp/humidity [​IMG] all of my eggs are doing wonderfully - I honestly can't say enough about this incubator!!!!

6. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Oh my goodness, we are incubating soul mates. I just set my first batch of runner ducks in my brinsea yesterday. What did you set?

7. Laurieks

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    I set 10 Cream Brabanter eggs on Wednesday, in an LG, but they spiked to 104 on Thursday, so I may need to start over.
    I will post results here [​IMG] https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=246395
    zomg
    the Brinsea 10 (a discontinued item) on ebay went for $149. You can get a 20 for only a little bit more than that. Still I would love to have had it.
    The Rcom is calling me, lol.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by