Is a Cinnamon Queen a hybrid?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by M To The Maxx, Sep 21, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I thought they were a sex link cross or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    a hybrid is a sex linked cross! [​IMG] same thing dear. [​IMG]

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Ohhhhh. [​IMG]

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i should expand my statement....a cross is a hybrid

sex linking is not necessarily a hybrid. like a square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square.

sex linking is a trait caused by the type of hybrid.

hybrid = cross

sex link = two birds, one light or striped so that at hatch, easily told apart, thus chick 'linked' to it's sex by coloration.

not to be confused with auto sexed. auto sexing is a bird (or other animal) that is naturally different at hatch (birth) by sex. males and females are automatically different, not by man's doing, but naturally.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:hey, that's why V8 is so tasty, dude.

6. Chickapooh23

Chickapooh23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Corning OH
    To make it even worse they have lots of names too.

Cinnamon Queen, Golden Comets, Golden Buff, Golden Sex Link, Red Star. All the same type of hybrid. So you might think that they are talking about different types of chickens. NO. Same kind. I am not sure but I think Isa Browns might be the same also.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:technically yes and no. like kleenex is facial tissue.

Maxx, my M friend, if you want to know the make up, hit up the Sex-Links page on Feathersite. there is a nice break down there for ya, my bud.

Comets and Cinnamon Queens are distinctly different combo birds, from different make ups.

they are all trade names given to a distinct chicken hybrid that are TRADEMARKED hybrid. just like kleenex and scott's facial tissue can all wipe snot off your nose, but they are distinctly different and the companies will sue each other if they try to state they are the same.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by