Is a Cochin and a buff Orpington the same

quails3

Songster
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
I'm a noob when it comes to chicken types and breeds, but what is considered a Cochin and is an buff Orpington that same thing? If not what is the difference between them?

I'm a noob when it comes to chicken types and breeds, but what is considered a Cochin and is an buff Orpington that same thing? If not what is the difference between them?
BO is a decent sized yellow chicken that lays decent sized egg. Cochin is a smaller breed and looks completely different. It also has feathered feet. You can look them up on here.

BO is a decent sized yellow chicken that lays decent sized egg. Cochin is a smaller breed and looks completely different. It also has feathered feet. You can look them up on here.
Oh awesome! Thank you!! I think I have a Cochin then:) she's extremely small with feathered feet!:wee

Buff Orpingtons are buff colored, single combed with clean white legs. Buff Cochins are buff colored, single combed with feathered yellow legs. Both lay brown eggs.

While there are bantam Orpingtons, large fowl are more common. Cochins are common in both bantam and large fowl.

IMG_3717.JPG
IMG_3719.JPG
can you post a pic?
can you post a pic?
I'm pretty sure she's a mix though

Back
Top Bottom