is a hovabator 1602n good???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TayFray!, May 18, 2011.

1. TayFray!

TayFray! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    i want to get an incubator I found a new cheap incubator hovabator 1602n with a 1611 egg turner are these good??

2. TayFray!

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    ?

3. YooHwa

YooHwa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    I currently use it right now, and I think it's better than what i thought!
    Many people told me that 1602n was going to be waste of money.. but it really works good!

I incubated 12 button quail eggs.. they all developed! it's just that I opened the incubator too much.. and it all died during the lockdown [​IMG]
    I'm trying on the another button quail eggs, and I only opened it once in 7 days!

But the thing is that you really need a fan..... hatch rate will DROP DOWN BAD if you don't..
    You don't need to buy expensive ones from hovabator tho... just get cheap computer fan/cooler
    I'm using VERY TINY (i think 6vc..or sth) fan from laptop cooler, and it works great!
    Oh, you also need fair temperature to place the incubator.. (I keep it in my room)

If you've met all the choices, then you will be perfectly fine! [​IMG]

4. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    I have one and used it for my first hatch!! I am very pleased with my results it maintained steady temp and humidity from day 1-18 had to regualte the humidity for lock down but once it did it was steady i got a 50% hatch rate on shipped eggs so im thinking thts pretty good. Hubby installed a fan for me so it wasn't still air but i would def recommend it

5. pruitt514

pruitt514 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2011
    Suches, Ga
    I have two 1602N hovabators and I love them. I use one with turners and a fan for the main incubator (days 1-18). I have another 1602N that i use for a hacther. They are really easy to use and control throughout incubation.

6. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
  7. TayFray!

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    allright thanks, im not to sure about it, tho i would need a fan?

8. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:my hubby installed a fan from my old puter tower and wired it to a 12 volt plug and it works amazingly

no tht one does not have a fan....if you get one with a fan already installed it jacks the price way up!! You can do a still air hatch in this bator and from what i have read on here folks have pretty good luck with still air hatches.....and then some swear by the forced air....its kinda all up to how you wanna hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by