Is Alfred a frizzle???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kristy7458, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Kristy7458

Kristy7458 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2009
    Whitely homestead
    Am I maybe frizzling??? I think he's about 3 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I welcome any input you may have on this little guy. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  2. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Oh yes that cutie is frizzling [​IMG]

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    He is frizzled and around 1-1.5 weeks, if he were 3 weeks old, his feathers would be more developed.

4. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    yeppers a frizzle

5. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    Not to be a downer but,my birchen cochin looked like he was gonna be a frizzle when he was little and smoothed out as he grew.Unless you know it has frizzle genes then it may be to soon to say for sure.[​IMG]

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Not to be a downer but,my birchen cochin looked like he was gonna be a frizzle when he was little and smoothed out as he grew.Unless you know it has frizzle genes then it may be to soon to say for sure.

Yeah-same thing happened to me a few times [​IMG]

7. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote:Yeah-same thing happened to me a few times [​IMG]

I had that happen to a bantam silver laced cochin from non-frizzled parents - I posted a pic here of him at about the same age - everyone said he was frizzled. I was SO excited! Now that he's grown out, he's not frizzled. I'd think you've got to wait til this one is feathered out more before you can tell for sure.

8. grammyhen

grammyhen New Egg

Sep 17, 2009
    I love the name of your chick, I'd wait a little longer to see if his what his feathers look like in a couple of weeks but he is a cutie.[​IMG]

9. grammyhen

grammyhen New Egg

Sep 17, 2009
    :I have a couple of hens and 1 rooster that is black and white and the the tails have green and blue, i know theyre not dominaqures, because we have 2 hens that are are dominaqures and they don't look nothing like them. Can someone please help me determine what kind of chickens they are..[​IMG]:)

10. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:I am sure someone would be able to... just start a new thread in the "What Breed or Gender is This" and post pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by