Is angel wing genetic?

Serina81

Songster
12 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Lucerne Valley, CA
So is angel wing genetic or not? I have a gosling with angel wing and I really wanted to breed her but now she has angel wing
sad.png

Some say no..some say yes...
..Like Goosehaven said, ...Some say its the feed they eat when young... and some say genetics.

I read that about the protein too. My goslings are on grass during the day and chicken lay pellets at 17 % protein when they go back to the barn. Is that too much protein?

There is probably a genetic tendency towards angel wing. Protein level is probably the primary culprit. It may very well be a combination of both factors.

Just tape it up with vet wrap or duck tape. The wings shafts get so filled with blood that they become to heavy. When wrapping just place it back into the normal position and tape the wing only. Keep wrapped for 7 to 10 days and not to tight. Good luck.

I taped it this evening. I don't really care how it looks, I'm just upset that now I can't breed her
sad.png
oh well, I guess we're going to have christmas goose!

The leading hypothesis at this point is that angel wing is a genetic disease with a dietary trigger. It is an easily repaired flaw, but by breeding birds with it you could be perpetuating the genetic condition.

Back
Top Bottom