Is Anyone Else an Overly Protective Mama Hen?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Jun 18, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Seriously, I didn't think I'd love these little ones as much as I do. I swear I don't get anything done anymore because I just sit and watch them in the Brooder!!! Never imagined myself doing morning bootie checks, dropper feeding a runt, or giving a VERY fuzzy butt a haircut because she keeps getting poo stuck in it. It's too funny. I'm WAY to over protective and addicted to these little one. lol Anyone else? [​IMG]

Sonja

2. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Is Anyone Else an Overly Protective Mama Hen?

No. I'm a steward to them.​

3. bionic_chicken

bionic_chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Addicted.

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:The bad part of it all is, is that this site is just as addictive. [​IMG]

5. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    PUT down the chicken...keyboard...and GET back to work!!

I have made drastic decisions and just SHUT the computer down.

I kept coming back to the computer and sitting down to check my threads.... URGH!!

Now I am on a reward chart...after I get the housework done, chickens situated, and kids FED...I allow myself some BYC time!!

[​IMG]

6. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    I too have a problem with being over-protective! Now that my eggs have hatched, the house is coming back together! lol. I am not as worried, waiting to see if eggs would hatch. The Mama hen is doing all the work! YAY! I walk to the coop at least 10 times a day just to peak, check water and food. Also I am protective of my 5 yr old hen, she is my elder, so when the Roosters gang up on her I grab them. I know that their nature but they are way to big for her, and I don't want to lose Goldie Girl. In winter the Roosters got so much mud on her back, I had rushed her to the house to bathe her. I made my son get out of the tub to do it! Yes I am addicted! lol.

PS: My DH calls my chickens, MY other family! lol!

7. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Yes ----- Guilty as charged!!!!! [​IMG] That is why we have Fort Knox for a run in the backyard, so says my DH. I only check on them 3 or 4 times after they go to bed and make sure I locked the runs and the doors, really --- honest----- stop laughing and get off the floor!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Quote:Oops, thanks for reminding me, I better quit watching the chickies here by my side, get dressed and GO PAY MY OVER DUE CAR INSURANCE!
    And no, my DH did not have to drag me away from the computer to take me out to dinner cuz nothing was cooked or even available to cook!! hee hee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by