Is anyone else doing their big dinner on Saturday?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 24, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We do it then so we can have ALL the grown kids, spouses and kids here for the celebration. Oh and the lonely and wayward friends of theirs too. [​IMG] We love waiting two extra days to have a full house and alot of love and laughs.

2. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    We have one tomorrow with family and then one on Saturday with friends. I love having two!!!

3. debilorrah

Quote:Oh man I would too. If I didn't have so many coming on Saturday, I WOULD have two!!

4. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Well....all I can say is I'm tired. Have been cooking since 3 this afternoon after going after my sick daughter and DSS (both special needs). Have two DGD's up here. My back hurts. Whine.....

Will have 10 to 12 for Thanksgiving at 2pm tomorrow. No help....doing it all myself once again. They'll all leave when it is over and not help with the dishes. Pretty amazing bunch. Only one is mine the rest are my husbands.

Driving through town today I saw where Burger King is open all day Thanksgiving.

Next year it is Burger King for me!

Still have two pumpkins pies to make and a pound cake. Figure it will be at least 1am before I hit the sack and up at at least 5.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  5. debilorrah

Quote:I do everything also, but I also announce at the end of the meal that I expect to NOT have to clean ANYTHING up. Seeing as how we have about 20 people here, it gets done pretty quick, because most are grateful.

6. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I'm sick, so we're staying home this year. So, I am cooking for DH and myself (his family went up north to his sister's house, so he is stuck home with me). The problem is that I CAN'T cook for 2 people. Let's just say we will have leftovers for a while (and the turkey we got is an 18 lber, but that was intentional..turkey sandwiches, turkey noodle soup, turkey enchiladas...YUM!).

Today I made the pumpkin cheesecake and green bean almondine.

Tomorrow will be the turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, yams, cranberry sauce, homemade dinner rolls (I have gotten the dough started yet!! [​IMG] ). Probably waldorf salad as well. Everything is homemade except for cranberry sauce...I have a thing for canned cranberry sauce, so 2 secs and it's done.

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I expect 40+ people here at my house 9 hours.... If we waited to do it on another day for more people, I don't think I could handle it.

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    We're doing ours tomorrow. My sister and her crew left from Kentucky today and its about a 7 hour drive. We will be eating lunch tomorrow instead.

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    We'll be doing ours on Sunday. Good thing too...I have a fever that started up last night. Bad thing is my brother is having to work at the dairy on Sunday so we'll only get to see him a short while if at all. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by