1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is anyone familiar wirh sexing(by color) Golden Comets or Red Rocks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chooniecat, Apr 12, 2012.

1. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    I have been lurking Craigslist for people giving away chix they got for easter(sad but I want to get them!) and got 6 yesterday that are 9 days old. Supposedly 3 GC and 3 RR(from TSC). I didn't want to loiter with her but she claimed 2 were male(for sure). MY POINT IS the only difference I can see in 1 of 3 of the same colored chicks(think they're the GC)are it has a dot on each wing whereas the other 2 same colored chix are non dotted. I can't get pix up and I know that would help. sorry. SO can GC or RR be sexed by any differences in color?(am I confusing or what?) thanks if you can decifer my need!!!!!

2. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Do you know if your Golden Comets are the same thing as production reds, red sex links, and cinnamon buffs? If I remember right, they are. Pictures would really help!

3. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    am swamped with things and will get pix up friday I hope. I believe I heard they are the same as the breeds you named. Its not imperitive I know what they are right now. just curious. I imagin in a couple months(I hope) their sex will show. I won't keep them very long when they prove to be definite cockerels so I hope the other 4(whichever they are) are pullets.

4. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by