Is anyone familiar with Superior Farms of OK?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by CovenantCreek, Dec 23, 2008.

1. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    http://www.superiorfarms.net/PoultryPg1.html

According to their web site they specialize in breeding exhibition quality poultry. Their selection of breeds is impressive, though the limit of 6 chicks on many of the breeds makes getting the 25 chick minimum more challenging. They also sell hatching eggs from all breeds.

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    They've been around for a few years but have had some setbacks. They recently hired a new flock manager, Danny Padgett, who is a very knowledgeable long time breeder.
    The owner is apparently fairly wealthy and he has sent out emissaries in the form of 2 or 3 poultry judges to buy birds for him from all over the country. They have bought only top quality birds from top breeders. In many cases they have bought entire flocks.
    Hope this helps.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    All of my Blue and Black Orp flock came from Superior Farms which they bought it from Don (our president in All Orp Club).

They are beautiful birds!

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I have been thinking of ordering from them. Anyone in Memphis want to go in on an order? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by