Is anyone from Long Island NY

Yes, I am in Ridge.
Nice to meet you! I’m in Selden! I’m a new backyard chick mom! 5 hens...1 roo...oops! 3 in the coop..3 at 8 weeks old acclimating to the 13 week olds that are in the coop...8 weeks in brooder...waiting to get bigger to go with others. The others are bullying a bit.

Nice to meet you. I have a bunch of girls some new ones from chicks - just getting to 4 mos. I also have Turkeys - Royal Palms. Fun! A friend of mine lives in Selden, they have chickens too!

Nice to meet you. I have a bunch of girls some new ones from chicks - just getting to 4 mos. I also have Turkeys - Royal Palms. Fun! A friend of mine lives in Selden, they have chickens too!
Really...I wonder if they are close to me...someone a few blocks over has a rooster...we hear him every day. How do you like having turkeys? What do you do with them? I’ve heard they make great pets!

My friends do have a rooster and are off Magnolia. We love the Turkeys, however, we do raise them for meat. The breading pair are going on 4 years. They are really nice birds. Our Tom is not aggressive at all and watches over the poults with the hen. However, funnily enough, he does NOT like the color Teal. My raincoat is that color, everytime I wear that color, he gets very agitated.

My friends do have a rooster and are off Magnolia. We love the Turkeys, however, we do raise them for meat. The breading pair are going on 4 years. They are really nice birds. Our Tom is not aggressive at all and watches over the poults with the hen. However, funnily enough, he does NOT like the color Teal. My raincoat is that color, everytime I wear that color, he gets very agitated.
That is too funny that the turkey doesn’t like teal!! I live on parkwood very close to magnolia..it must be their roo! It’s nice to hear from someone in my area. I always have questions and sure I will come winter! Would like to try turkeys...but will see ...want to master the chicken thing first lol!

That is too funny that the turkey doesn’t like teal!! I live on parkwood very close to magnolia..it must be their roo! It’s nice to hear from someone in my area. I always have questions and sure I will come winter! Would like to try turkeys...but will see ...want to master the chicken thing first lol!
Totally understand, that is what we did. It is not work when it is fun. Really do enjoy my girls. I'm not far away if you have any questions. I know this is bold, however, we all need it at sometime, - Would you be interested in chicken sitting - opening/closing, collecting eggs, food/water? It's always good to have people around to help out and vice versa. And, its hard to find people who will do the right thing. lol

Totally understand, that is what we did. It is not work when it is fun. Really do enjoy my girls. I'm not far away if you have any questions. I know this is bold, however, we all need it at sometime, - Would you be interested in chicken sitting - opening/closing, collecting eggs, food/water? It's always good to have people around to help out and vice versa. And, its hard to find people who will do the right thing. lol
I would love to help you...but I have 2 jobs so I’m gone most of the day. I work retail...and babysit! I hope you find someone to help! We go to Ohio a few times a year to visit my daughter...didn’t go this summer...because of the chickens. I have 3 children that live at home and one in Coram...everyone’s schedual is so busy! Do you have any neighbors that would be willing to help?

Back
Top Bottom