is anyone getting gifts for chickens/ducks for x-mas ?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MamaChic21, Dec 23, 2010.

1. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    No one is around today, I guess everybody is out doing last minute Christmas shopping [​IMG] But I can't help but wonder, if anyone is getting gifts for the chickens and ducks [​IMG]

2. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

I mite be getting some sobie hens for my sobie drakes these Christmas [​IMG]

3. Downshifting

Downshifting Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I picked up a Flock Block for my girls.

4. LaurelRidgeDreams

LaurelRidgeDreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Mountains of NC
    Mine are getting a microscope so I can check out their parasite load.

5. nuchickontheblock

nuchickontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    south portland, maine
    My DH bought some worms today! [​IMG]

6. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I have a hunch Santa is bringing them a giant Flock Block. I got them a tub of mealworms, but caved and gave them some early.

7. rebecky1305

rebecky1305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Lansing, MI
    A flock block and meal worms for my girls. [​IMG]

8. Gold Griffin Chicken Mom

Gold Griffin Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Suffolk, Virginia
    I just got my big birds some suet cakes. That is planned as their Christmas morning treat.

Now if those eggs in the incubator would just cooperate and hatch, I'd hold them, and hug them, and squeeze them, and call them all "George" a few times!

9. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    Well actually I looked under the Christmas tree and there are several gifts to me from the chickens! [​IMG] I wonder if they are selling their eggs on the side for the money??? They seem to have learned how to write as there are lovely gift tags signed and they are gift wrapped too!! Hmmmmm..... [​IMG]

10. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    During the cold days of winther, every morning I give my chickens and ducks warm oatmeal and/or cooked rice, spaghetti or if I don't have anything left I put pieces of bread to a bowl with warm milk, they LOVE it ! Of course their normal feed is always full. I think I should get them worms too for Christmas [​IMG] I don't know if you can call it "spoiling" them, but I sure love to make them happy like you guys. Merry Christmas everyone [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by