is anyone getting gifts for chickens/ducks for x-mas ?

MamaChic21

Songster
9 Years
Dec 2, 2010
Jackson, NJ
No one is around today, I guess everybody is out doing last minute Christmas shopping
smile.png
But I can't help but wonder, if anyone is getting gifts for the chickens and ducks
wink.png

I just got my big birds some suet cakes. That is planned as their Christmas morning treat.

Now if those eggs in the incubator would just cooperate and hatch, I'd hold them, and hug them, and squeeze them, and call them all "George" a few times!

Well actually I looked under the Christmas tree and there are several gifts to me from the chickens!
626gdau.gif
I wonder if they are selling their eggs on the side for the money??? They seem to have learned how to write as there are lovely gift tags signed and they are gift wrapped too!! Hmmmmm.....
297.gif

During the cold days of winther, every morning I give my chickens and ducks warm oatmeal and/or cooked rice, spaghetti or if I don't have anything left I put pieces of bread to a bowl with warm milk, they LOVE it ! Of course their normal feed is always full. I think I should get them worms too for Christmas
big_smile.png
I don't know if you can call it "spoiling" them, but I sure love to make them happy like you guys. Merry Christmas everyone
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom