Is anyone hatching on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by baldie, Dec 8, 2008.

1. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Hello!! My eggs are due to hatch on Christmas Day!! The boys are so excited!! I didn't plan on hatching again until Spring, but my 10 yr old overheard me telling DH that there were EE eggs for sale on here and begged me to buy them!! How could I say no! I had unplugged my bator already and had to set it back up!!LOL!! I can't wait for Christmas!! This makes Christmas even more exciting!!

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    We had been setting eggs up until the bator was full, a few a day through the 26th. It ought to be interesting.

3. farm master

farm master New Egg

Nov 26, 2008
    Mine should hatch the 21st. is that close enough?

4. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:What breeds are you hatching?? I have EE's in the bator, also a friend gave me a couple silver sebright eggs, and a couple he didn't know. I am hoping these are Buff Brahma, but I will have to wait and see!!! Then for fun since I already had the bator up and running, I added an egg from my Silver Spangled Hamburg (boy) and my Ancona (girl), I can't wait to see what hatched from that!![​IMG]

5. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:Sure is!! It's fun to talk to people hatching around the same time and then seeing the pics when they finally hatch!!!

6. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    IM at 21 days the 26th so IM right in there with you !

Wellsummers Black Australopes cuckoo marans

My first try at this !!![​IMG]

7. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:Awesome!!! I hope your first hatch goes well!!! Yay!! More people hatching on or around X-mas!!

8. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Day 21 for mine is at 1:45am on 12/28....close.

Was really hoping for Christmas babies....but it just didn't work out. Then I thought about having chicks hatch on New Years Day...don't think that's gonna work, either. Oh Well... [​IMG]

9. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Let us know how it goes and good luck. Are you as nervous as I am ?[​IMG]

I need to figure out the picture thing which I have tried twice with no luck, I guess Im just a little dense as everyone else seems to do it. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
  10. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    The "Christmas Rush" will be Golden Cuckoo Marans.

In hind sight, we probably should have held them for a batch, we set them every day for a while and to be honest, it will be an effort to get them rotated through the hatcher, and keep things cleaned up fairly well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by