Is anyone hatching RIGHT NOW & Thru the weekend - I have to show off my baby!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hennypenny99, Apr 18, 2012.

1. hennypenny99

hennypenny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    I have three species hatching between now and Sunday - Guineas - Muscovy Ducks - and Silkies.

My very first Guinea of the season just hatched. This was actually the first egg I found. It was a random egg I found by the house so I stuck it in the incubator. It's Pied! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I have 30+ Polish eggs going on lockdown Friday and a dozen each white and brown leghorn due Tuesday. Next week is a hatch fest for me. I hatch eggs for other folks and have 10+ dozen due in the next 7-8 days, not counting the 2 broody girls. I've been looking for guinea eggs everywhere locally...

3. hennypenny99

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    I hope you can find some. I found their big nest not too long after I set this guy and I have 30 more that will go into lockdown in about 10 days. Now I've found two more nests. One has gone broody on one of the nests and I gather a few each day off of the other nest. So far they are still laying there but sooner or later they will catch on to the missing eggs and move it again. Good Luck with your hatch!
    [​IMG]

4. Chicktok6

Chicktok6 New Egg

Apr 10, 2012
    Yes I've got six silkies in the incubator at the moment one is out but the first one is a gorgeous grey

5. hennypenny99

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    Silkies are my favorite. [​IMG] I woke up to a pip this morning in my Muscovy egg.

6. SpiritedFarm

SpiritedFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    South West Ontario
    Lockdown day for me today!

7. hennypenny99

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    Well I had a Muscovy pip yesterday morning. Now I have 7 pips that I can see. They are all laying on their side so it's a little hard to tell for sure, there may be more. I know ducks are way different than chickens. I'm just not sure how much different? Do they even zip? The one that pipped yesterday morning seems to have just made his hole a little bigger. Maybe this is normal and I know ducks can be slower than chickens so I'm not panicing..... yet. I haven't seen anything out of the Silkies yet but they just went on lockdown Wednesday night. They are on day 19... Hmmmm I hope I see something soon or I will be worried. The guinea that hatched before everyone else was doing alot of banging around in there. Hope he didnt hurt anything. [​IMG]

8. chickenmommy1

chickenmommy1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    Yes, I am hatching now 17 Silkie eggs.. 1 is out and moving around so much I hope he/she doesn't hurt anything

9. hennypenny99

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    Well my husband called me at lunch to tell me my first duckling has hatched! DANG IT! I knew I would miss my first duck hatching but I have to work. I'll live I guess expecially since I have 39 more that will be hatching over the next few days. [​IMG]

I can't wait to see your Silkies Chickenmommy1! I have 5 on lockdown right now. They are on day..... 19 today but no pips yet.... I know they looked fine when I put them in there for lockdown so hopefully soon. I have 1 Paint, 2 Calico, 1 Porcelain, and 1 Partridge.

10. Cedarknob

Cedarknob Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Western IL
    Just one species in my incubator, though I'm wanting to try 'scovies or turkeys. I have one egg from commercial CX meat hen's egg hatched [sired by an Ameraucana], waiting on some more of them plus both breeder quality Dark and White Cornish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by