Is anyone on here spiritualy "engaged"?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by M To The Maxx, Feb 24, 2011.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Just wondering..... My mom is a huge spiritual person. She has those wigi boards and stuff to talk to our past relatives which I have done and fined rather interesting. My mom says I am a very spiritual person too, I just don't really know it yet. Also I have seen spirits of the dead before and talked to them. They have occasionaly talked back (kind of like the show Ghost Whisperer in a way). Any other spiritualists out there?

2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Well, right after my great grandpa passed away, I went for a walk to the creek, just to get away from everybody and have a good cry. As soon as I got there, I knew he was also there, and had come to tell me he loved me, but it was time for him to go, and he'd see me there. Does that count?

3. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Max, I believe what the bible says so if the dead can't talk to us who is really trying to make us think other wise?
    (Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
    For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hey, Maxx..
    I have used the board before, a lot, when i was much younger,..with very interesting results. I dont mess with it anymore..(long story). But i do believe that it can work with certain people and call the passed peoples energy to it (i.e. your spirts)
    And YES, there ARE people that are more spiritually open to seeing the deads energy thats still here(when you die, your bodies energy has to go somewhere....), they are not all fruitcakes..they're actually real sometimes.....
    Heck, I think Jesus might have been that way....
    I dont believe in the bible, or god, at all.... but i sure do believe in Jesus... because there are folks here today with some special powers, just like Jesus had.
    Soooo... it makes perfect sense that there ARE still people like that today
    yep... you just never know ....
    Just be careful with those boards, kiddo..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  5. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    When my dad was in the icu and they had him on life support, my cousin heard the news and called my house. A man answered sounding like my dad. She said em-boo? (korean for uncle) All the person said was, You're Emo and Connie are at the hospital. Go there. He was the only american male in our family, he knew the korean term for aunt, and he knew who she was. When we got home there was a received call fom her on our home phone...NOT A MISSED ONE. Someone answered our phone. My dad was on lif support, so in our hearts we knew he was gone, which is why when he passed 20 minutes later, we did not have him resuscitated. I felt his presence for months afterwards, and at his funeral right as the last note of amazing grace played a massive gust of wind hit us. almost blew the casket over, flowers all fell and blew away. But it felt warm and alive, happy. I know with all my heart my dad stuck around to take care of us. He's gone now, but sometimes...I feel his comforting love when i'm at my lowest. Oh...and my mom is a short korean mom at 5 ft...my dad was 5'11. They always battled about the shower spout. He always turned it up higher to easily get his head wet, and my mom would make him lower it..everyday. Because she couldn't reach it. After my dad died, she kept finding the shower spout up. Not down with gravity...actually moved up. And its not easy to move. She kept having to use a chair to pull it back down. And...my mom, my sister and I all felt around the same time that his soul had gone. We all live in different places and realized months later while talking about that we all agreed when we knew he'd gone to heaven.

I am a christian but I believe in spirts, ghosts and demons. I've seen and felt too many scary and amazing things not to.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    On the day that my mother died, a mental image of my father smiling appeared to both my wife and I separately. He appeared to me as I was on the way to my sister's. When I returned home, my wife said, "I had a vision of your Dad today. He said Dorothy, what took you so long?" I asked what he looked like, and she said, "He was a younger man with a full head of reddish hair." Exactly the same image that came to me?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by