Is "Attila the Hen" really a Cockerel?! And gender opinions on the rest of my small flock.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by katiebowbatie, Jun 8, 2016.

1. katiebowbatie

katiebowbatie New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    So, Attila the Hen is my favorite, and I'm starting to wonder if Attila is *not* actually a hen! All our chickens are 12 weeks old- 3 "Americanas" which we know are really Easter Eggers, and 2 Golden Comets. What do y'all think about Attila the Hen and the other ladies? (White & yellow EE is Princess Lay-a, darker Brown EE is Mary Poppins, and two golden comets Hermione Ranger and Professor Mcgonagrill, who has a slightly larger and darker comb and wattle than Hermione, but they look almost indistinguishable otherwise.
    Here the images of Attila the Hen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Here are my others:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Hope you did not want a cockerel because all are pullets.

3. katiebowbatie

katiebowbatie New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    No, we aren't hoping for any cockerels because we live within city limits and aren't allowed. Attila the Hen has sprouted a couple of longer, more curved feathers in her tail - which was hard to capture a photo of because she's become skittish. And her comb and wattle are tinted more red than in the photos. [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    She is still a pullet - no pointy hackle or sickle feathers, no cockerel feathering on her wing coverlets - pullet, but I will take her if you want to get rid of her - just in case. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. katiebowbatie

katiebowbatie New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    Thank you, @sourland ! ;) It's good to know because she has always been the favorite. I am hoping she stays good and pulletish!

6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Loving the Autumn Weather Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    x2! Beautiful pullet!

1 person likes this.
  7. katiebowbatie

katiebowbatie New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    Thank you! She is such a pretty bird with such beautiful coloring, and with the redder comb, new curved tail feathers, the red patches, and long neck/tall stance, I was getting pretty nervous!!!

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

What a lovely flock of pullets [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Gorgeous girl - OH let Sourland have her, he is old and having a birthday early next month - would probably cheer him up immensely. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by