Is Big Brother watching YOU?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cedarknob, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Cedarknob

Cedarknob Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Western IL
    I was trying to see how close I could pin-point the approaching, scattered rain on a weather map and noticed that there was a button to click that converted the map to a satellite image. Found I could narrow it down to the 2 acres I live on, and see my red van parked in the drive and portable chickens pens out on the grass.

[​IMG]

It was a little scary until I realized that the radar is live; the satellite picture is about a month old. Still gives me the creeps that places can be watched from space, but at least I have a nice picture of my home. LOL

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    yea, thats strange

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

The pictures of mine are old. Looked at it the other day an could not for the life of me tell you what that big white blob was in the yard... It eventually hit me that it was the yacht I had in my early 20s

4. Cedarknob

Feb 27, 2012
    Western IL
    I just bought this place last year, and had looked at the satellite view of it before on Mapquest. That picture was taken before I lived here; this picture shows my van exactly where it was parked today while I was checking the radar for rain. LOL

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

They were watching me. Then they got bored. [​IMG]

Imp

6. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    On google earth I could see some pot plants growing in a lot I was working near. They say sattelites can read a newsprint. I always got a kick out of the survivalist/anti government types that would stock up on ammo in case the government came for them, I would tell them that with sattelites they can push a button and drop a bomb on your house and you would never know what hit you.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Same thing happened here. [​IMG]

8. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    The "bird's eye view" pictures of our area were recently updated. I can recognize individual horses in the pasture at the barn where I work.[​IMG]

But I'd feel sorry for anyone watching me. I'm pretty sure they'd come to the conclusion that I'm just pointlessly crazy, and go find something more constructive to do. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  9. Q9

Q9 General Headache

They don't have bombs on satellites, they have bombs (missiles, more accurately) on planes and destroyers. If anything, these satellites give those types of people more credibility, because you ARE being watched. Don't even get me started on the use of drones.

Besides, if it gets to the point that the Powers That Be feel like they need to drop a bomb on a home, well, it'll be all out civil war anyway, and hunkering down won't do any good. In case you didn't pay any attention, most survivalists aren't planning on shooting government agents anyway - the ammo stashes are for the possibility of long-term collapse and mobs of desperate people. Now, the majority of survivalists are distrustful of the Feds - again, they are WATCHING you - but they're not terrorists.

10. Cedarknob

Feb 27, 2012
    Western IL
    I'm far behind the times........................... but I found Google Earth and now have that on my computer. I'm grateful Google Earth is not live; and HOPE it does not have a live version?????????? [​IMG]

Earlier this year the picture of my place was several years old. In the new picture, which is also on Google Earth, I can see that I had just gotten off my Cub Cadet and was walking towards the pens; I thought that once behind the pens I was well out of sight of anyone that might happen by and could take a leek there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by