Is Bonnie part Game?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aoxa, Sep 11, 2012.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I have always wondered what breeds Bonnie has in her. She was supposed to be just a frizzle mutt, but turned out to be very beautiful - though still a mutt. She went broody at 24 weeks old and started laying at 18 weeks. Her eggs are very tiny and nearly the same colour as a silkie egg, but smaller. She may weigh 2 pounds at most. [​IMG] She's flighty - when I kicked her out of her nest, she always flew up to the trees and screamed at me. Currently not broody any more, and the eggs she sat on for 2 weeks are being taken care of by a broody silkie. She left them for a full day before I noticed. They were stone cold. After 3 hours in an incubator, they were moving around. Thank goodness I have a broody to hatch them, because my incubator is full of eggs that are only 5 days in!

2. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    OEGB mix

3. aoxa

That's what I thought :) The vet who vaccinated her thought she looked part Phoenix.

4. aoxa

[​IMG] Here she is with her hatch mates right before she started laying. She was the first to lay. [​IMG] Her pretty little face :p [​IMG] So any idea what else she has in there? :)

5. ChickenExtreme

Jun 25, 2012
    Gold/Silver Duckwing after seeing them pics

6. aoxa

But she is not extremely small like the OEGB I've seen. She does seem to have the look of them though. Either way, she will be a great hen for raising babies :)

7. ChickenExtreme

Jun 25, 2012
    And phoenix looks kinda like a roo with the different wing coloring

8. aoxa

Which one?

9. ChickenExtreme

Jun 25, 2012
    Are they both the same age?

10. aoxa

Which other one are you talking about. I've only posted single pictures of Bonnie and 1 group shot. There is one in the group shot that came from the same place, but looks different and is bigger. [​IMG] [​IMG] Actually there is one more that came from the same breeder. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by