Is call waiting rude?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Jul 30, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it is. I was talking to a friend of mine today, carrying on a pleasant conversation. Then he said he had a beep. He has caller ID, it was his sister he complains about all the time, but he had to go. This happens all the time. Must be I’m just boring or something talking all the time about the chickens.

Now, don’t get me wrong; if the doctor is calling or something that’s fine. Maybe Junior’s school needs to get a hold of you, cool. But it just seems rude to me to just basically hang up on somebody without finishing out a conversation. “Oops, gotta beap, gotta go.” You can’t finish talking to someone, then call the person who beeped in back?

2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I know totally rude.

3. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    I agree with you, it is RUDE. These days it seems people haven't remembered (or never learned) that every phone call is not an emergency that needs to be answered immediately.

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Speaking of RUDE calls.

Next time you have to stand in a customer service line at a store, take your cell - stand in line and CALL them. See if you get attention first on the PHONE or in person - I promise they'll answer the phone first. Now thats annoying!

5. max13077

I think about doing it myself and I would be embarrassed. I would think the person would interpret it as me not wanting to talk with them anymore.

6. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I am glad I don't have a cell phone.

7. max13077

Quote:Yeah that is bad. You're talking to them, the phone rings, they cut you off to answer it. That is rude.

8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I agree, I feel the same way when someone takes a beep....what am I, chopped liver? Makes you feel like calling them back and beeping in on THAT conversation, to see if they will interrupt it to take YOUR call! [​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] Now thats a good idea!

10. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

yes rude but remember when you hear the dial phone all the time too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by