Is Carol a black sex-link banty???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by debducttape, May 9, 2011.

1. debducttape

debducttape Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    I love this chicken. She use to be shy, but has really come out of her shell (so to speak). She's a cuddler. I was told a long time ago that she was a BSL, but she looks nothing like her sister, who looks like a textbook BSL. I believe that Carol is a banty because she has many more feathers than her larger sister and is not quite half her size. She is almost 8 weeks old. What do you think? Is this a BSL in banty version?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's a baby pic. Carol is the 3rd from the left. Her BSL sister is at the far right.
    [​IMG]

2. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    looks like a gold laced something to me

3. cbrown86

cbrown86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Missouri
    Could be. Here are mine:

[​IMG]

4. debducttape

Apr 26, 2011
    I am beginning to think she is a golden laced something. She just has waaay more brown on her wings than the other pics.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:x2

Too much color on the full body, most sex-links have more in front, less in back. That looks evenly distributed, it's a lacing pattern. As far as a gold-laced What, sorry, no clue.

6. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    They look like Golden Laced Wyandottes with single combs and washed legs. The only differance is they have a lean body and GLW are more rounded than your girls, all of these traits are possible in a GLW. I am very unsure.

7. debducttape

Apr 26, 2011
    So, what other kinds of chickens come in gold laced banty version? Does anyone know? I agree, she is very slender compared to the other chickens. She comes from Ideal hatchery, if that helps.

8. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    She could be a GLW.

9. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    How about a dark Cornish? Looks like she might have the right comb type (hard to tell in the pic). She's the right coloration, has tight close fitting feathering, and has thick legs like a Cornish. I bet she has a pretty wide stance (again, hard to tell from the pics).

10. Quote:Those look JUST like my pullet!!! Hmmmm....So maybe she is a BSL...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by