Is dark green poop normal in Baby Chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CristinaLa, Mar 15, 2013.

1. CristinaLa

CristinaLa Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2013
    Placerville, Ca
    This is the first time I've ever raised chickens. I have 10 chicks.. 8 I picked up last Friday and 2 I picked up today. They are getting along great.. So i guess some are about a week old and the new ones are Well I had a couple chicks have pasty butt and I was advised to add electrolytes to their water and gave them scrambled eggs with biotic sprinkled in them and some yogurt.. Well tonight I noticed Green poop in the cage. I'm not sure which chick did this but I wanted to make sure this is healthy or normal after changing their diet. I'm attaching a pic of the poop, it's not the best pic and it doesn't show how green but it's the best i have right now.. Thank you for all your help in advance :) I never knew raising little chicks was so stressful.. lol

[​IMG]

2. Familyochickens

Familyochickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2012
    Indiana
    looks like chicken poop to me!

3. CristinaLa

Mar 15, 2013
    Placerville, Ca
    lol so it looks normal? Sorry I know i must sound dumb.. just want all my little ones to be healthy and happy!

4. Familyochickens

Jul 30, 2012
    Indiana
    I know there is a thread of all the variations of chicken poop on here somewhere, its amazing the variety of "normal" It looks ok to me....just keep checking for pasty butt and all should be well, as long as they are acting ok, then i say all is well

5. Familyochickens

Jul 30, 2012
    Indiana
  6. CristinaLa

Mar 15, 2013
    Placerville, Ca
    Thank you so much!!! and i'll keep looking :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by