Is deer stew okay?

watchdogps

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Central Ohio
for the chickens, i mean? We have a good bit of leftover deer stew (venison for those who don't like to call it what it is) and I hate to toss it, but we arent going to finish it. It's not heavily seasoned, rather bland to be honest (note to self, dont use that spice packet again). It's just deer, potato, carrot, celery and pearl onions I can easily pick out.
Yay? Nay?

Quote:
x2
thumbsup.gif

~Aspen

Watchdog, I don't think 'venison stew' is any less calling it what it is... if I'm eating beef stew rather than cow stew, I still know what I'm eating. Just sayin'
smile.png

I wonder why certain animals have different names when you're talking about the meat...

Quote:
Good point, I was gonna say so we didnt think about the animal when we are eating.
Then i remembered that around here we are big on chicken stew. Go figure, we need a new name for chicken stew, and chicken and biscuits, and chicken quesadillas....... What's the deal with that?

Quote:
A cow refers to a Mature Female Bovine that in production.
Beef (as in Beef Cattle) are Bovine that are intended for meat.

Chris

Quote:

Chris

Try going into a biker bar and calling them women. It would be like calling a bull or steer a cow.
gig.gif

Just once now I wish I lived closer to Ohio. The only time never to hear it from me again. I love the stuff. I can't imagine not finishing the stuff. I grill some deer sausage last week and wow, what a treat.

Oh, the chickens? Not in you life. That's for me.

Quote:

Chris

Try going into a biker bar and calling them women. It would be like calling a bull or steer a cow.
gig.gif

Note the key word *Bovine*, the last I checked there were no Bovine in any of the bars I've been to. (outside yes but not inside)
wink.png

Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom