Is Double Dutch Duck a KC?

HemlokHex

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2021
Hello all! I've lurked awhile now, but it's time to post!
Is my gorgeous, cuddly girl a Khaki Campbell? I'm not well versed in duck breeds.

I heard a quack one day, and looked over the fence. This lovely girl was there! I had just bought a pet pool, so I took it over to the neighbours for the duckie.

A week later they knocked on my door asking if I'd like to take her. She had been fed on only white bread and whatever she could forage, and was in deplorable condition. Her feathers were brittle and breaking off. Within a week of the new diet of duck pellets and salads, she moulted and turned a beautiful deep glossy brown.

Also, I walk her on a harness and am wondering if anyone knows where to buy decent duck shoes? The only ones I can find are cheap, thin nonsense.

Thank you in advance for any replies

Attachments

• 20230610_165831.jpg
    20230610_165831.jpg
    718.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 20230607_200457.jpg
    20230607_200457.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230610_165820.jpg
    20230610_165820.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 9
Looks like a Khaki Campbell to me.
I wonder if you could make some duck shoes?
The males have the green bill and orange legs. Are the legs orange?

Last edited:
Very VERY loud at times, but has no drake curls, and previous owner said he/ she? had laid. Doesn't matter to me either way! Legs are dark brown with brown orange markings on feet.

Previous owner got a female for laying. She apparently only laid once... no surprise as was on a horrible diet. Her bill looks greener in the pics, but is a definite khaki shade.

Actually, you guys are correct. Light orange legs.
I will get some Black Cayuga eggs soon to hatch.
Still love my ducky. Makes no difference which gender!

Attachments

• 20230611_172507.jpg
    20230611_172507.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 7
Previous owner got a female for laying. She apparently only laid once... no surprise as was on a horrible diet. Her bill looks greener in the pics, but is a definite khaki shade.
It was the green bill and darker head that said male to me.
My 2 adult females are different shades from each other but consistent in their coloring. Darker duck has the same shade on head, neck and body, same with the lighter one, if that makes sense.
My ducks came from a hatchery so I'm sure not bred to a good standard. There are variations in them. Could be same for yours. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom