Is everyone ready for Christmas?

BantyChickMom

Songster
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Henderson, NC
I have a couple more gifts to buy and youngest DD has an
upper respiratory infection, has to go back to DR. tomorrow,
so these last minutes things are impossible for me to get done until Wednesday.

I've done all the decorating I'm gonna do (not as much as I usually do but enough) and I still have gifts to wrap.

How's everyone else fairing in the Holiday Madness?

Not ready at all.

We were grounded last week with the flu, and then our washing machine broke. So I haven't had much spare time for shopping.
Our outdoor lights have been one disaster after the next. I'd post a pic, but I don't want everyone laughing at me.

I'll make it all work somehow. Things will definitely be a little less than perfect, but I'm not sure that all that stuff matters that much. We've had a good time babysitting for a family that needs a little extra help, and working at the Boy Scout tree lot. Hopefully those will be the things that my kids remember about this Christmas!

Not at all ready! I put a wreath on the door and bought my mother a present. That's about it. I have less to buy this year, lots of people opted out of buying anything and several more failed to send me thank-you cards a few years in a row. I don't buy people stuff continually if they never send so much as a thank-you email. I have to buy presents for BIL's girlfriend, grandparents, one aunt and DH. DH doesn't care if his is late. Aunt never told me what to get her. Grandparents already have too much stuff to fit in the nursing home apartment and a zillion dietary restrictions, so I'm really stuck for what to get them.

I have a final exam tomorrow that will be cruel and unusual.
caf.gif
One of my cats is definitely getting ready to die, so if she makes it through the night/part of tomorrow, I think we will have to take her to the vet to be put to sleep after my final.
hit.gif
I just finished bringing my fireplace up to code, although I haven't done much finishing work on it, and the woodstove is being installed Weds. It can be installed without the finishing carpentry, it will just look goofy. I have to go in to work Thurs. and Fri. but it shouldn't be too busy. I have to submit my PhD application ASAP, because the deadline is Jan 15th and I haven't even sent out my reference requests yet. I delegated some to DH, who does things sort of halfway and then forgets to do the rest, so we have Xmas cards that are signed and stuffed in envelopes but not addressed or stamped. So I can't really delegate anything effectively. Sunday my mother is coming to visit, and most rooms of the house are completely trashed: kitchen sink full of dishes (which is technically DH's job), bedrooms full of unfolded laundry and unwashed laundry, cat sick in the laundry room, construction stuff all over the parlor, dog stuff all over the living room, cat mess in the den where one of the cats decided to forget she had ever been litter-trained (no, not the dying one, unfortunately that problem is not going to sort itself out), bathrooms haven't been properly scrubbed in weeks.

barnie.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I must say, this is the first Christmas where I havent bought all the pressies yet.
I dont feel very merry yet, with all the sadness in my household its hard to feel the christmas spirit.
Im sure It will beam on me very soon I hope.

yuckyuck.gif

I'm just about there............. got to buy one more gift for my hubby - then one for the in-laws (coal?) and I'll be done, I wrapped a bunch this weekend and the kids can't leave em alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom