is feed gonna go through the roof?

thechickman04

Songster
11 Years
Feb 22, 2008
Cumming, Georgia
we have all heard about the huge flooding in wisconsin and indiana that wiped out everything...they say it took out huge amounts of this years corn...will the feed price shoot through the roof?

Canada has plenty of corn for sale.
big_smile.png
:

Yes it will. Alot of farmers havent planted because of the wet weather, some will have to replant because of the same. Corn price jumped last week quiet a bit, because of this.
barnie.gif

We are buying corn at my feed mill here in Ontario for $266 CAD per tonne. Compare that price just a few months ago at $160.

I am lucky that I work at a feed mill, I get most of my feed for free.

Quote:
Only for the moment. International buyers are starting to really press for more direct access to buy feed crops. If it goes too much further we are going to be looking at unreal prices ourselves and increased feed costs. Have you noted how much hay $$ has increased in the past month alone and who is buying it up in advance? Same thing is happening with other crops.

Quote:
While Ethanol Production has added to the cost of Corn, it is not the sole reason for the record high prices we are seeing right now. The failed wheat crop the last 2 or 3 years in Australia lead to record high wheat prices, worldwide demand for feed grains is at an all time high (Thank You China and India), and the horrible weather in the Western Cornbelt have all contributed to the high prices for corn and soybeans.

It is easy bto blame the Ethanol Industry, but that is too simplistic and flawed.

Jim

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
While Ethanol Production has added to the cost of Corn, it is not the sole reason for the record high prices we are seeing right now. The failed wheat crop the last 2 or 3 years in Australia lead to record high wheat prices, worldwide demand for feed grains is at an all time high (Thank You China and India), and the horrible weather in the Western Cornbelt have all contributed to the high prices for corn and soybeans.

It is easy bto blame the Ethanol Industry, but that is too simplistic and flawed.

Jim

The cheap US Dollar has increased exports world wide. Speculators have and are pushing the market, as they are being scotched by the ethanol frenzy. What do I care we have close to 400ac in production.​

Back
Top Bottom