Is frizzle crossed with frizzle bad?

smott

Songster
Apr 15, 2020
Hi I was looking for frizzle bantam in Louisiana... not really particular on breed. Found some listed on a local poultry page but when I asked to see pics of the parents both the roo and hen are frizzles. Chicks are beautiful... all 7 were frizzled but I have read somewhere that it is bad and creates unhealthy birds (frazzles)? Anyone care to share info about this?? Thanks

Last edited:
I have experimented with frizzle x frizzle pairing 3 times. The first pair produced 100 % frizzle chicks, but about 25% died in the shell (the frazzles). The second pairing was about the same, but one frazzle hatched with brittle feathers, bald spots, and blind in one eye. The third pairing-Almost 100% died during incubation. The couple that hatched were frizzle. With each pair, I tried two clutches of eggs. The frizzles that I got were/are beautiful, normal frizzle serama. I would not hesitate to buy frizzle chicks from a frizzle x frizzle pairing. However, look the chicks over carefully. Frazzle birds are not always so obvious to sort out; especially in chicks. Should you get a frazzle it well could develop health problems as well as the poor feather quality later.

Back
Top Bottom