Is game bird chick starter ok for adult peafowl?

old biddy

Songster
10 Years
Sep 30, 2010
Lamont, Florida
Last month I purchased a 50 lb bag of game bird feed but found out it was game bird chick starter once I unloaded it from my truck. Rather than returning it I decided to keep it for any peachicks that hatched out. Unfortunately I only had one successful hatch. Is it okay to use that starter feed for all the peafowl?

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
Last month I purchased a 50 lb bag of game bird feed but found out it was game bird chick starter once I unloaded it from my truck. Rather than returning it I decided to keep it for any peachicks that hatched out. Unfortunately I only had one successful hatch. Is it okay to use that starter feed for all the peafowl?
It can be beneficial for the adults during the molt but they do not need a feed that high in protein during the rest of the year.

old biddy

Songster
10 Years
Sep 30, 2010
Lamont, Florida
Good to know I can use the game bird starter for the adult peafowl, at least for awhile. What about using it for my chicken chicks that are 6 weeks old?

casportpony

See my signature for lots of BYC contests!
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 24, 2012
Good to know I can use the game bird starter for the adult peafowl, at least for awhile. What about using it for my chicken chicks that are 6 weeks old?
My chicken peachicks, poults, chicken chicks, and ducklings all get a a game bird starter. I give it too adults too, but gotta make sure they don't get too fat on it.

Top Bottom