Is hatching eggs supposed to hurt? IBW day 20!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cherndon712, Jan 26, 2008.

1. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    LOL...I'm on day 20 with Jody's BO eggs...I've had 4 people SWEAR they saw some rocking...So I stared so long I got a headache...And STILL didn't see anything!!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Yes it is. at least it does for me!

3. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Well I was watching (again), bent over the incubator...Went to stand up and couldn't!! I have a sore back and hips now to go with my headache!!

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    you better let them hatch before you put yourself in the hospital lol [​IMG]

5. Good luck!
    Try not to give yourself a headache!

Lisa

6. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I was doing good, keeping busy, but people kept telling me they saw movement!! I couldn't help it, i had to look! Think they're shy?!

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Hatching eggs is one of the hardest things I've done in a long time. I was SO tired at the end of each day. Still I'd get up 2 or three times a night to check on them. It was like a 2.5 day ordeal there at the last.

8. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I was up till midnight last night, up at 6 this AM, and checking them every hour...Not even a PIP yet!! It's worse than labor, that's for sure!!

9. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I'm starting to worry...I wish I could hear peeping or SOMETHING!! After that bad hatch with my quail...I kept the temp between 98-101 and humidity at 40-45...They LOOK developed...Maybe I'm just jumping the gun...But my 7 year old and 3 year old will be SO disappointed!

10. lady chicken whisperer

lady chicken whisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Ohio
    oh my god if your on day 20 your humidity needs to be at least 70%. If you have kept it that low your chicks might have trouble getting out of the egg, it will make the egg too hard to break through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by