1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

IS HE A CUBALAYA...???!?!?!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CochinBrahmaLover, Mar 9, 2012.

1. So ive been told already that hes a OEGB mutt, but my sister was resaerching it, and is there a SMALL chance hes a cubalaya..???

he has darker legs tho

[​IMG] he had gotten in a fight and the black stuff is dried blood

he has the same comb as one, but his legs are too dark then a normal Cubalya, but he could just be a bad quality one is there a SMALL chance hes not a OEGB mutt but a Cubalya Mutt bad quality thingy ????

sorry bad pic, ill try and get a better one

2. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Do you have a full body shot?? I would get a better idea if I could see the stance, feathers, and overall appearance. I don't want to vote otherwise, and would guess a mutt but not whether he has Cubalaya or not.

3. ya i knew he was gonna be a mutt either way, but i was kinda hoping he would be mostly cubalya not OEGB, i have a full body pic just need to find it...

4. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    [​IMG]

5. ok its creepy but thats a full body stance, he holds his tail upright a lot, [​IMG] which i know cubalyas dont do, i know its a longshot but im hoping hes part cubalya

6. jeslewmazer

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    It is a possibility, but it is hard to tell. He looks pretty gamy to me. There is a chance that he has some Cubalaya. How much does he weigh?

7. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    (this is Cochin's sis) he weighs about 3 pounds (we think)

8. jeslewmazer

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    [​IMG] I know chickens can be hard to weigh, and looks can be deceiving. If he really is 3lbs (or really close) would lean to mostly some kind of gamy breed. I hope you get some more opinions. My brain is lacking sleep, so I am having trouble thinking. [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry, if that is no help. He has a few characteristics of a few different breeds.

9. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    No, he isn't a pure Cubalaya. If he was he would probably be a bit heavier (around 4.5 pounds), have white legs/skin, have red ears, and a very different body shape.

10. I knew he wouldnt be pure, and i had a little bit of hope he could have been

still i love him. but today part of his toe fell off [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by