Is he a Nice silkie or no?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SilkieCanada, Sep 21, 2011.

1. SilkieCanada

SilkieCanada Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    calgary
    How is the quality of this silkie out of 10? 10 being the best and 1 being low quality. What do you guys think? He is a partridge. Debating getting rid of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:I give him a 3. His type is lacking, as is his color. Is he molting? He seems to be missing some tail feathers.

3. SilkieCanada

Mar 22, 2011
    calgary
    Quote:I give him a 3. His type is lacking, as is his color. Is he molting? He seems to be missing some tail feathers.

ooh god. I should get rid of him.

4. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Awww, if he has a nice personality and you are not going to show I think he's a keeper [​IMG] Then again I have a tough time getting rid of any of my silkies [​IMG]

ooh god. I should get rid of him.

5. SilkieCanada

Mar 22, 2011
    calgary
    Beth G. :

Awww, if he has a nice personality and you are not going to show I think he's a keeper [​IMG] Then again I have a tough time getting rid of any of my silkies [​IMG]
    Quote:ooh god. I should get rid of him.

Thats my problem too. But none of the other birds like him. He is last to eat. And he is noisy. But like you said its hard to say goodbye they have personalities.

6. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008

A 3 is generous. I was thinking 2.

7. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

But if he has a nice personality, don't just get rid of him, just don't use him for breeding. He seems very sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by